Intermediate level Strengthening Families (component 10) trainings consist of a 3-hour class plus an assignment that must be turned in to the trainer. Intermediate trainings are awarded 5 IdahoSTARS training hours upon completion. Intermediate level trainings delve more deeply into some of the topics that are introduced in the basic level trainings.
These trainings are part of the Strengthening Families Specialization process; three intermediate level (or one advanced level) trainings are required for the second part of the specialization process.
See the IdahoSTARS training calendar for trainings in your region. Topics include:
- Care for the Child Care Provider
- Committing to Strengthening Families
- Emotion Coaching
- Learning from Families
- Sharing Leadership: Partnering with Parents
- Building Relationships with Families of Infants and Toddlers
- Communication, Collaboration, and Conversation
- Responsible Adults / Safe Children: Child Sexual Abuse Prevention